& look how big my SSD is!
Forum rules
Tech Stuff
Halp, mah 'puter is borked!
& look how big my SSD is!
_dienamic_

Sound and Speech

Post by _dienamic_ » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:23 am

OK I need to resolve an issue before getting on vent. I have a very nice headset, but I also utilize speakers. Well my girlfriend does for the most part. Since I know when using speakers and my stand alone mic, you guys will hate hearing everything in the background and it is a pain in the arse to keep plugging and unplugging head phones etc brings up the reason for this post.

Is there an interface of some kind I can purchase so I don't have to do this? Both the speakers and the headset use usb and pins or plug connectors maybe there is a switch option in windows 10 I don't know about. I looked but did not see anything. You input is most appreciated in advance. ;)
Arty Extraordinaire! Love it and shut it! :lol:

StainlessRat

Re: Sound and Speech

Post by StainlessRat » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:56 pm

Use push to talk. that'll solve the issue even if you're using your standing mic. Yes, we'll hear what's going on when you key up but not all the time.

_dienamic_

Post by _dienamic_ » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:48 am

Ya I suppose that is one way of handling it. Just wish they made something....Thanks
Arty Extraordinaire! Love it and shut it! :lol:

BasketOfDeplorable
Site Admin

Post by BasketOfDeplorable » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:42 am

I do two things;

1) in Teamspeak - I do not set my speakers and mic device to auto or default, I pick the specific device I want to use ( my head set )

2) in windows, I use the default windows sound device manager to select my default device. switching back and forth from speakers or headset. Just train the girl to do it.

Another note:

On my work PC I use a blue tooth headset (bought a little BT dongle from iogear) when I turn on my BT headset windows automatically switches my default device to headset and then back off again when I turn it off.

Let me know if you need more details on anything.

Andrew20141

Post by Andrew20141 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:43 am

yeah what basket said is the best thing to do
Failing my way across the battlefield :D