Forum rules
Clan Wars & Advances
Rubicite

5 July CW Update

Post by Rubicite » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:38 am

Clan Wars begins tonight. Starting out:

- Our ELO is 783
- Our historical win rate (Tier 10) is 36.21%
- We have three battles scheduled for the first hour (8pm-ish EST) and three for the second hour (9pm-ish EST). Note: Clans are only allowed a maximum of six drops at a time.

Rubicite

6 July CW Update

Post by Rubicite » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:47 am

The first night of this campaign was ... just wow.

We played 19 battles last night, going 8 - 9 - 2 (42.1% win rate) and didn't have to take a penalty. That's the most battles in one night since I've been in the clan. While close at times (especially later in the evening), we filled EVERY SINGLE BATTLE with the full roster. We made two low level effort battles (that I can recall) because a win would have put us in a bind in the next set of battles.

Our ELO increased to 800 (+17) and we are currently ranked #46. We have 925 Clan Fame Points (+925 for the night).

We had four different callers last night (highest win rate, minimum of two called battles):
Stainless: 50% win rate
Bibbles: 50% win rate
Ghost: 40% win rate

Commentary:
The clan participation was wonderful, easily filling about 90% of the battles. Some of the late night battles needed earlier ones to finish before filling the rosters. I don't recall anyone defaulting to us, so we fought every battle, which allowed for people to get a significant amount of Personal Fame Points.

The sign-up sheet was locked about when we discussed it (for the first two scheduled battle times), but I'm not sure it was necessary since we had so many people available. Likely, the participation will drop off during the coming work week, especially for the battles at the end of the night.

Stainless recommended putting in the province name on the schedule to make it easier for people to locate which battle they needed.
Last edited by Rubicite on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rubicite

7 July CW Update

Post by Rubicite » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:20 am

We fought 20 battles (!) last night (Saturday, 6 July), going 7 - 13 (35% win rate). We started slow, going 1 - 6, before finishing 6 - 7.

We had a hiccup (which I believe was my fault) when there was a typo on the schedule. Because of that, we had three battles at the exact same time. Thankfully, we were able to field three shorthanded teams and avoid a penalty. At least two of the callers felt they would have won with full teams. If it weren't for my typo, our latter 2/3 battles would have been even better.

Our ELO decreased to 783 (-17) and we are currently ranked #48 (Note: this clan ranking can (and will) fluctuate during the day as clans ranked above us spend their Clan Fame Points). We have 1,637 Clan Fame Points right now (+712).

Again, this is subject to fluctuation due to players ranked higher than us, but we have 35 people in the "Alley of Fame," and 19 of them are ranked higher than position 2200.

Highest Five with Personal Fame Points:
Hemmii: 1,052 points in 22 battles (47.8 points/battle)
Rubicite: 956 points in 16 battles (59.8 points/battle)
Recurve103: 865 points in 21 battles (41.2 points/battle)
MC_DaDDY_Long_NUTZ: 864 points in 17 battles (50.8 points/battle)
cool_hand_luke2: 800 points in 19 battles (42.1 points/battle)

Greatest Amount of CW Battles:
PantherJ: 22
Hemmii: 22
Recurve103: 21
Crudos: 20
Sanityphade: 20

Best Callers this campaign (with at least five battles). Note: this may include occasional intentional losses.
Bibbles (52.9% win rate)
Stainless (42.9% win rate)

Commentary:
So far, the first two nights of this Clan Wars campaign has been pretty successful. Unfortunately, our momentum will likely falter due to the coming work week.

Clan participation has been great (our last battle started at 1:15am EST and we still had plenty of people around).

Due to the paucity of landing provinces in the first hour, we have to drop on the province the night before. Our strategy of three battles per hour has been successful although we will have to taper off towards the later time periods. We've also tried to focus on winning battles, even against weaker clans, since that gives people a greater number of Personal Fame Points.

StainlessRat

Re: 5 July CW Update

Post by StainlessRat » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:33 pm

All good Rubicte, you're doing great work with map management.

Rubicite

8 July CW Update

Post by Rubicite » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:13 pm

We fought 21 battles (!!) last night (Sunday, 7 July). We went 8 - 12 - 1 (38.1% win rate) and, for the campaign, we are now 23 - 34 - 3 (38.3% win rate). Periodically, we choose to make a low effort in a specific battle ("red lighting"). This is typically because of too much success and the bleed over from one hour's battles to the next. Last night, we had to make at least two low effort battles (Stainless and Ghost).

Our last battles were at 12:15am (EST) and we still fielded two full teams.

Our ELO increased to 798 (+15) and we are currently ranked #47 (subject to fluctuation during the day). We have 2,623 Clan Fame Points (which is what determines our ranking), +986 for the night.

Currently, we have 53 players who have participated in Clan Wars. 49 are in the "Alley of Fame," with 18 ranked higher than position #2200.

Highest Five:
Hemmii: 1801 Fame Points over 34 battles (52.9 Fame Points/battle)
Recurve103: 1468 Fame Points over 30 battles (48.9 Fame Points/battle)
Rubicite: 1437 over 25 battles (57.5 per battle)
Dr_Mr_Bibbles: 1367 over 26 battles (52.6 per battle)
Almighty_Johnson: 1339 over 25 battles (53.6 per battle)

Highest Five CW Battles:
Hemmii: 34
PantherJ: 32
Recurve103: 30
Scutor: 30
Crudos: 29

Best Callers this campaign (with at least five battles). If I know about an intentional loss, I will remove that from the loss column. Callers can message me, if they want. For last night, I know about the intentional loss by Stainless against OPIC and by Ghost against WILDH.)
Bibbles: 51.9% win rate
Stainless: 50.0% win rate

Commentary:
We continue to have superb participation each night so far. This could change since the work week has started. In general, I get the impression that people are content with the pace. There was an incident where we failed to designate callers for a certain time and because no callers were chosen, all three callers were in the immediately preceding battle. That caused a small amount of consternation when callers were not available to select the tanks they wanted. However, callers returned from their battle and selected their tanks with time to spare.

For tonight's battles, we had to drop an application on the South American server because THAT'S ALL THAT WAS OFFERED for the top of the hour ... at that, there is only one landing province period (for that hour). After the initial battle on the South American server, we go back to having battles only on US Central.

During this campaign, when we fight battles against a clan LOWER than us in the rankings and we lose, they will steal at least 1% of our Clan Fame Points. Clans can purchase "technologies" that increase that number from 1% to 3%. Conversely, if we beat a clan ranked higher than us, we steal 1% of THEIR Clan Fame Points. Since we still earn both clan and personal Fame Points on a loss, we've still netted a positive number on losses, with one exception so far.

Here's an example: We lost to WILDH last night. We earned 18 Fame Points from losing but WILDH also stole 8 Clan Fame Points because they were ranked lower than us. For that battle, individuals kept their 18 Fame Points but the clan only kept 10. As we gain Clan Fame Points, we will lose more and more Fame Points when we lose battles to clans ranked lower than us (because the percentage is a constant).

The gain or loss of CLAN FAME POINTS impacts your ability to earn reward tanks or earn camo by exactly ZERO. That is, wherever the clan is ranked DOES NOT affect your ability to earn anything, although it can impact your auction bid.

Clan Fame Points impact the number of bonds that you receive as a CW prize as well as a small amount of gold. We think the number of bonds and gold that are impacted by Clan Fame Points is probably around 200 bonds (+/-) and maybe 400-odd gold, per participant. The amount of bonds can impact your auction bid, if you choose to go that route.
Last edited by Rubicite on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rubicite

9 July CW Update

Post by Rubicite » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:23 am

Last night (Monday, July 8), we went 4 - 12 (25% win rate) which is the worst night we've had so far this campaign. For the season, we are 27 - 46 - 3 for a win rate of 35.5%. We had to do one low effort battle last night (Ghost's battle with E-201).

As would be expected with a lower than normal win rate, our ELO dropped to 759 (-39). Our clan ranking is currently #48 (subject to change during the day). Our Clan Fame Points are now 3,029 (+406). In the Alley of Fame, we have eight people ranked higher than position 2200, 41 people who are currently eligible for reward bonds, and a total of 49 in the Alley of Fame.

Highest Five:
Hemmii: 2095 points over 42 battles (49.9 points/battle)
Recurve103: 1743 points over 36 battles (48.4 points/battle)
Rubicite: 1669 points over 29 battles (57.6 points/battle)
Scutor: 1607 points over 38 battles (42.3 points/battle)
PantherJ: 1594 points over 39 battles (40.9 points/battle)

Highest Participation:
Hemmii: 42 battles
PantherJ: 39 battles
Sanityphade: 38 battles
Scutor: 38 battles
Crudos: 37 battles
Cool_Hand_Luke: 37 battles

Best Callers this campaign (with at least five battles). If I know about an intentional loss, I will remove that from the loss column. Callers can message me, if they want.
Bibbles: 46.9% win rate
Stainless: 44.4% win rate

Commentary:
Again, we are forced to the South American server for the first hour. This time for two battles because THERE IS ONLY ONE LANDING PROVINCE on NA Central for that time period.

As would be expected, individuals in much higher ranked clans are pulling away from us. For example, our highest Fame Point total is 2,095 while there are 274 people with over 10,000 Fame Points.

Opinion:
Some people (including me) are planning to bid on a tank during the auction. This is anecdotal, but winning bids after the last campaign were somewhere in the 15000 range. The last campaign took place after WG gave out thousands of bonds as a loyalty reward. I think the extra thousands of bonds in the system probably inflated the bond auction for that campaign. Therefore, while I still believe that successful bids will be higher than normal, I also believe that successful bids will be somewhat lower than the last campaign.
Last edited by Rubicite on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Droyed

Post by Droyed » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:10 am

Thanks, Rubicite, I read every word. I know I’m new here, but I hope clan mates won’t despair when we lose. There were times last night when tensions built to a point that things got a little chippy between clan mates. I hope it isn’t anything that a few wins won’t cure, but each of us does the best we can and tries to follow instructions...sometimes it isn’t enough and we lose. That’s okay, we will try again tonight!
I am just enjoying being a part of this clan!
See you on the battlefield.

StainlessRat

Post by StainlessRat » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:34 am

Droyed wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:10 am
Thanks, Rubicite, I read every word. I know I’m new here, but I hope clan mates won’t despair when we lose. There were times last night when tensions built to a point that things got a little chippy between clan mates. I hope it isn’t anything that a few wins won’t cure, but each of us does the best we can and tries to follow instructions...sometimes it isn’t enough and we lose. That’s okay, we will try again tonight!
I am just enjoying being a part of this clan!
See you on the battlefield.
It’s natural people get upset. Everyone wants to win. Sometimes because of the nature of the rules when we know we can win we really can’t. Doesn’t mean we’re not going to make the red team work for it though.

CW battles are worse than football games. After the battle everyone knows something that could have been done better but few want to be the QB taking the hits.

Best thing everyone can do when things get frustrating is remember it’s a game. 😊

Desert_Fox_1969

Post by Desert_Fox_1969 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:05 pm

You guys can yell and scream at me all you want. Does not bother me one bit. :P

Rubicite

10 July CW Update

Post by Rubicite » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:08 am

Last night (Tuesday, July 9), we went 9 - 12 (42.9% win rate) with THREE of our losses being low effort ("red lights") (Bibbles twice and Trapster once). For the campaign, we are 36 - 58 - 3 (37.1% win rate).

Our ELO increased to 767 (+8) while our clan ranking is now #46 (subject to change). We have 3,872 Clan Fame Points, +843 for the night. In the Alley of Fame, we have four people ranked above position 2200.

We've had 55 clanmates participate in Clan Wars during this campaign.

Alley of Fame Highest Five:
Hemmii: 2772 points in 55 battles (50.4 points/battle)
Recurve103: 2465 points in 46 battles (53.6 points/battle)
Rubicite: 2212 points in 37 battles (59.8 points/battle)
Dr_Mr_Bibbles: 2191 points in 45 battles (48.7 points/battle)
Scutor: 2149 points in 48 battles (45.4 points/battle)

Highest Participation:
Hemmii: 55 battles
Cool_Hand_Luke2: 51 battles
PantherJ: 48 battles
Scutor: 48 battles
SanityPhade: 47 battles

Best Callers this campaign (with at least five battles). If I know about a red light, I will remove that from the loss column. Callers can message me, if they want.
Bibbles: 50.0% win rate
Stainless: 45.5% win rate
Ghost: 36.4% win rate

Commentary:
Finally, we are off the South American server for tonight's battles.

We are about halfway through this campaign and some people might feel discouraged by their Fame Points but first, just being in the Alley of Fame allows you to bid on a reward tank if you wish. Also, a reasonably active player will likely end up with somewhere around 2000 to 2500 Fame Points. This will allow you to buy some combination of:
*Clan Digital Style (1300 points)
*Shattered Stone Style (1300 points)
*Premium Time (starting at 200 points)
*Bonds (starting at 50 for 50 points)
*Credits (starting at 100,000 for 200 points)
*Boosters
*Uncommon emblems
*Female crew (starting at 800 points)
*Directives

Additionally, some people may question why we have to intentionally fight a low effort battle. I'd written a complicated explanation but decided not to post it since it is pretty long. So here's the TL/DR: we don't want penalties because that impacts (1) the number of battles we can schedule each night and (2) our clan's ranking in the Alley of Fame.

Also, sometimes people wonder how someone can get 55 battles (like Hemmii) while others get far fewer. It's related to two variables: your participation rate and your tanks. Your participation is impacted by your work/life schedule and outside of the clan's control. Your tanks are completely within your control. YOU choose which lines to grind. If my only Tier 10 tank is a Grille 15, I'm limiting myself to a very, very niche position. That means you can increase your CW battles by grinding tanks that are popular (so-called "meta" tanks).

Desert_Fox_1969

Post by Desert_Fox_1969 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:23 am

Excellent write up as usual.

Desert_Fox_1969

Post by Desert_Fox_1969 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:27 pm

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php ... -counting/

Last day of battle is Monday the 15th