I hate wheeled vehicles

News and info.
WoT and Clan
Forum rules
Hey douchebags! (aka News & Information)
WoT and Clan
Droyed

I hate wheeled vehicles

Post by Droyed » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:24 am

So, playing my JPanther II with the 490 alpha gun when this wheeled thing comes running up and starts circling. Shot him once up the pooper for about 300 damage (wt???)...he never even slowed down. End of match for me.
I hate those things!!

Rubicite

Re: I hate wheeled vehicles

Post by Rubicite » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:28 pm

They are a pox on our society, although susceptible to HE if you can shoot them in the back, not so much if you shoot HE into their tires. Apparently, the tires are not part of the hitbox, although they will still detonate HE, therefore you won't get the penetration.

MacDaddyMatty

Post by MacDaddyMatty » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:53 am

And yet I totally suck in mine.
: P

It has crap view range and can't mount binocs.
My gud games are where I manage to stay alive till there's just a few tanks left and then play cleanup.
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Desert_Fox_1969

Post by Desert_Fox_1969 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:25 pm

Have positive WR in the prem and lynx.
Its basically not a scout but a finisher. Rush in, mop up low health tanks and run back to safety.

Droyed

Post by Droyed » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:32 pm

Killed one the other day on Mines, wish I had saved the video! In my JPanther II again, saw this wheeled thing charge up the hill in the middle, snapped a shot at him, flipped him end over end. Dang it was beautiful and I wish I could share...I’m still smiling.

echo9835

Post by echo9835 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:40 pm

While the clown cars certainly demonstrate that people who hate and fear clowns are right to do so, they have several weaknesses that can be exploited to maximize your chances of killing them.
1)Most don't carry fire extinguishers
2)piss poor view range on the tier 6-9
3)needs 4-5 skills, people without a 5 perk crew are victims
4)THEY CAN'T TURN IN PLACE
5)sometimes the physics engine just kills them.
6)poor penetration

Clowns however are a crafty and evil people who use dirty tricks to try and hurt you.
1)really good camo
2)can snap shot you from 500 meters because WG balance
3)cloaking devices
4)sanic
5)the wheels are weird. they have a hit box the pre detonates HIGH EXPLOSIVE SHELLS. They don't effect AP, APCR, or HEAT. but HE and HESH explode when they hit the wheels, not the hull. The wheels also hide the hull hitbox, (it's smaller than you think)leading to the shell being "eaten" by the wheels. The shell wasn't eaten by the wheels, you missed.
All of this leads to the point that one, WG sucks at balance, and two, you need to try to fight the clown cars on your terms, not on the terms of the clown driving around in a damn car. This is simple, if not easy, but if you can do things like stick uneven terain, cities, and choke points, you can often force the clown car to risk their life while minimizing your own risk of death. Unless you're on Malinovka or Prokorovka, then you're screwed.

skip2a

Post by skip2a » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:45 am

I really dislike these F&$%*&g things! I love playing TD's; being old it helps with slow reflexes and there is nothing better than surprising someone from halfway across the map with a well placed shot. Unfortunately the clown cars are making my higher tier TD's almost unplayable. My JTiger is very slow and it definitely can't out maneuver arty or mediums once it's spotted. I'll watch as these wheeled menaces fly around the field, spot everything and then do it again a few minutes later. I'm sorry but it just takes the fun out of the game. When I first started playing it was more of a tactical game and there was lots of fun to be had. Now it seems that you just hope for the best.

Yes; I'm still pissed about my STuGIV failed missions. I can't get 2k damage and 2 kills if I can't survive for more than a few minutes.

My big gun on the JT is still 40k away and 200k to the X. I'm not sure if I have the ambition to keep grinding this thing.

See ya,

Skip

Droyed

Post by Droyed » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:31 pm

Skip, I understand your frustration. I like TDs too, but if clown cars are in a match you might as well just bend over. I stopped grinding at the JPanther II in the German line. Just 18x Xp from unlocking the obj 263, though. I intend to get the obj 268-4. The brawling TDs suit my play style. Even the SU 101 is fun to play, currently have a 53 to 54 percent win rate in the 101.

MacDaddyMatty

Post by MacDaddyMatty » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:56 am

I always try to be in a position where other guns can help me if one of em locks on to me.
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

testarossa_2015

Post by testarossa_2015 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:23 pm

Clown cars are even in the movies now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNwD0c6-d9I