Black Prince or O-NI?

Basic and Advanced information and resources for getting better.
Forum rules
Noob (and not Noob) Stuff
Basic and Advanced information and resources for getting better.
skip2a

Black Prince or O-NI?

Post by skip2a » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:36 pm

I am at the point where I have researched both of these and need to decide on which line to go up. I know the BP is a nightmare to play but the Tier X is a nice pay off. I love the Tier VI Jap with the derp but I don't know if the Tier VII is as good?
I only have enough cash to buy one and equip/train crew so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm out of cash from spamming gold in the Churchill VII; it was the only way to do any damage most games to get XP to get the Black Prince (that whole scenario is depressing).

Only 16K free XP so I can't opt out of either and no blue prints for either one.

My sanity for the next few weeks is in your hands!

See ya,

Skip

Desert_Fox_1969

Re: Black Prince or O-NI?

Post by Desert_Fox_1969 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:26 pm

Japan heavy is no longer a Meta tank since the nerf. Go to Super Conq.

Rubicite

Post by Rubicite » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:54 pm

Personally, I liked both of them.

You are correct in that you have to spam gold in both the Church VII AND the Black Prince. However, the BP is the last of the line where gold ammo is so beneficial. The Caernavon is MUCH MUCH improved from before and it just gets better at Tier 9 and then Tier 10.

The Japanese heavies remained un-nerfed through Tier 8, but the HE damage got really nerfed for the Tier 9 and Tier 10 big guns.

Apparently, there is some testing going on about derp guns (KV-2, in particular). That may or may not enter the live servers and may or may not impact the Japanese derp guns.

MacDaddyMatty

Post by MacDaddyMatty » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:56 am

I love my Tier 7 JA HT.
I have Santa and the Christmas girls in it.
My plan was the Type 5 - then it got nerfed.
Happy to stay at tier 7.
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

skip2a

Post by skip2a » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:59 am

Thanks for the feedback.

I sold the Tier VI jap and saved the crew. I did research and buy the BP and moved an ok Brit crew into it. So far it is as bad as the Churchills but that was expected. It is going to be a long, mind numbing grind that will definitely bring down my overall rating. My son says my rating is so bad because I can't do as much damage as my tanks health. That is almost impossible if you get to the battle last (third brit heavy in a row), can't pen anything and get rolled by lights that can flank me with no effort.

Thanks again,

SKip

Desert_Fox_1969

Post by Desert_Fox_1969 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:12 am

See if you have blue prints and free xp to skip that POS.

skip2a

Post by skip2a » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:33 am

Not a single Brit blueprint to be found Fox. I don't have enough free xp and I really don't want to spend cash to buy gold to convert over from my premiums. I have thousands that can be converted but I just hate to pay more to play the game. It's bad enough to pay for a premium account.

After just three games I really hate the BP. I got along ok with the Churches but this one is just crap.

See ya,

Skip

MacDaddyMatty

Post by MacDaddyMatty » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:52 am

Super Conq > Type 5
Oh Ni > Black Prince

LOVE my Oh Ni. Crew is staying right there.

skip2a

Post by skip2a » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:13 am

Well it took me 19 days of grinding but I finally sold the Black Prince last night. It was a terrible grind and the tank really is a piece of crap. I spammed more gold grinding through that POS than I have in my entire playing time in WoT.

Truthfully, if I could get where the battle was I was able to get 2 to 3 kills a game and do ok damage. Most of the time everything was dead or my lemming teammates were dead and I ended up going 1 vs too many. At 20KM/hour an infantry support tank just doesn't cut it in a mobile tank battle. I tried side scraping but unfortunately the long sides are easy targets; just the way the other two Churchill's were.

I am not sure about the Caernarvon yet. I don't have the free XP to get the tracks, turret and real gun so for now I am stuck with the under powered 17 pounder in Tier X battles. It is nice have more mobility but it definitely needs upgraded to be an enjoyable tank to play.

Skip

Desert_Fox_1969

Post by Desert_Fox_1969 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:42 am

once you got it upgraded its a pretty good tank. That grind to the Conq actually was pretty short with that tank.

MacDaddyMatty

Post by MacDaddyMatty » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:48 am

Conq and S'Conq are great.
I free XP'd past the Borked Prince.

skip2a

Post by skip2a » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:42 am

Unfortunately my son has been on a no high tier tank kick (its funny; he is a mini-me when it comes to getting pissed at the game) so I had to burn a bunch of free XP to get some low level tanks to play with him. I hated to do it but when your divorced and don't get to see him every day; playing WoT at night with him is the next best thing.

I burned my Twitch bonuses to get past the POS or I would have them to help with the turret and gun.

It's not too bad so far but I can't pen much with the 17 pounder and I keep forgetting to stock it with gold.