Rubicite Out-of-State

Let us know if real-life happens, or if you're taking a break.
Forum rules
I will be inactive/away
Let us know if real-life happens, or if you're taking a break.
Rubicite

Rubicite Out-of-State

Post by Rubicite » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:32 pm

I'll be traveling out-of-state again (for another football game) from 20 - 24 November. I'll have my laptop with me but the quality of hotel WiFi is a gamble. I may try to play a few pubs but cannot commit to Clan Wars due to various scheduled activities in the evenings.

MacDaddyMatty

Re: Rubicite Out-of-State

Post by MacDaddyMatty » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:49 am

have fun!
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Rubicite

Post by Rubicite » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:15 pm

Yesterday (6 November), my video card died and in the process of trying to troubleshoot, I did *something* (I'm not sure what) and now my computer won't power on. Eventually, I took the computer to a shop for diagnosis but they said they won't likely finish the diagnosis until sometime early next week (11 - 15 November). When they figure out the problem (probably something related to various loose connections or the power supply), I will have to actually fix the issue. If the issue is simply that I knocked loose some wires, then I'll still have to replace the video card. If more serious than loose wires, I'll have to decide whether to buy parts or a new computer.

In the meantime, I'm using a somewhat low-end laptop that I take when I travel. However, I've noticed that my gameplay really suffers. I guess I'm just not used to the lowest graphic settings or something. In probably 25-odd battles, my WN8 in those battles was about one-third of normal ... maybe even less than that. I suck.

Having said all the above, I've changed my near-term CW status to "maybe" and I'm only playing enough to work on missions and tasks (Scavenger Hunt, Tank Rewards, Twitch, and starting tomorrow, the "Spooky Challenge").

I still plan to keep an eye on the Scavenger Hunt codes and will continue to post them in TeamSpeak, but I'm not sure how much I'll actually play in the evenings.

Rubicite

Post by Rubicite » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:14 pm

I was told the issue was that I had accidentally loosened some cabling, therefore the computer wouldn't power on. Of course, they discovered this after trying their house power supply and house video card. I'm sure that would have taken me several hours (if I had an extra power supply lying around) so it was worth the diagnosis (to me, at least)..

I've ordered a replacement video card which is supposed to arrive tomorrow (Monday).

In the meantime, I'm using the on-board video. In my first battle, I was getting 17 frames per second until I realized that I still had my settings set to high graphics. When I dropped the settings to low graphics, my frames per second shot up to 112+.

MacDaddyMatty

Post by MacDaddyMatty » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:58 am

I was playing last night for a bit - pissed of that 6th sense was broken and not going off.
Then realized this crew didn't have 6th sense.

:geek:
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Rubicite

Post by Rubicite » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:19 pm

Again, I will try to keep up with the Scavenger Hunt codes and post them in TeamSpeak. However, I can't promise they will be as timely as most have been in the past.

I finished Tank Rewards early last week (I had all three reward tanks so I sold one of them for 300k+ credits and then claimed it), so I have no specific missions that I have to work on over the weekend. I can catch up on my Scavenger Hunt battles after I get back. Therefore, I doubt that I'll play very much, although I'll have a laptop with me.