Observations on Team Play SH/Advances

Forum rules
Clan Wars & Advances
skip2a

Observations on Team Play SH/Advances

Post by skip2a » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:34 am

Hello all:

Your local grey haired noob once again bringing forth his unsolicited opinion. I have been running as many SH and Advances that I can the lately trying to get myself in tune with working with Clan mates and to get ready for CW's.

I have noticed a few things that we can all improve on that "in my humble opinion" can help to improve overall game play. These comments are by no means meant to be negative but a way to communicate my observations.

1. STFU in TS: there is no nicer way to say this. Several times the caller has tried to go over a map before going in but has been unable to clear the channel. Once we start the countdown going into the map there should be no chatter at all except confirming positions. I know from calling battles and clan training years ago the 30 seconds that you have going into the battle is just not enough time to communicate to the team.

2. Trees, fences, buildings: leave them standing. It isn't hard to avoid destroying these tell tale things that give away locations. The 2 line on Prokhorovka is a great example of this. Running down the hedges and knocking down every tree is an easy way to give away positions. Take a few seconds and avoid these things. Smashing down the concrete walls along the railroad tracks on Ensk is also a dead give away.

3. Red Line means Red Line. If the caller wants us running the Red Line then please do. Even with clown cars running wild it is the best way to try to move to a location without being spotted.

4. To shoot or not to shoot: when directed to a position and told to hold, hold. Everyone would like to get as much damage as possible but if we are "hiding" then by all means hide. An undetected group of tanks rolling up a flank is going to give you lots of shots to stack up your damage. Don't sneak out trying to take a peek; if you're spotted that gives the opponent an idea that something is up.

5. Watch the mini map. I am especially guilty of this: I get focused on driving or aiming and I miss the box that was highlighted on the map indicating where we are supposed to advance or fall back to.

Once again please don't take these as negative comments: I have been guilty of them all but I am trying to keep these things in mind as we play.

See ya,

Skip

MacDaddyMatty

Re: Observations on Team Play SH/Advances

Post by MacDaddyMatty » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:09 am

Solid and sound!
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Desert_Fox_1969

Post by Desert_Fox_1969 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:48 am

What gets me boiling is when I aim for a shot getting ready to pull the trigger and a teammate either bumps me or crosses my line of fire. Please be aware of your friendlies too as friendly fire is not turned of in CW's / SH's / Advances.

StainlessRat

Post by StainlessRat » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:54 am

All of the points above are valid. Our biggest issue most of the time is not every follows the call when a call is made.
Even if the call sucks, follow it, we can talk about why it sucked later (I say that as a caller who makes plenty of shitty calls).
It's very easy to second guess the caller when you're not calling. I encourage everyone to try it and see just how challenging it is and how hard it can be to keep your cool when people just aren't listening.

echo9835

Post by echo9835 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:51 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClGMCld114I[/youtube]
Basics of teamplay explained with meth(math)

MacDaddyMatty

Post by MacDaddyMatty » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:40 am

Hooray for meth math
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.