Update: Age of Industrialization

Forum rules
Clan Wars & Advances
Rubicite

Update: Age of Industrialization

Post by Rubicite » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:41 pm

Starting Tier 10 ELO: 801
Starting Tier 10 Win Rate: 36.49%

I believe our clan objective is to get people as many Person Fame Points as possible.

Note: The Global Map has a different look, therefore, despite starting to look at the map about 6:30am CST, I didn't realize that provinces were already filling up. (Instead of just looking at the map to see how many other clans have dropped, you have to either use the search tool or try to drop on the province. In the past, you could have just seen that right on the map.) Ghost and I were discussing the map about 8am EST and neither saw the change.

Therefore, our earliest battle is 9pm EST instead of 7pm EST. ALL of the early battles already have the maximum number of clans. We'll keep looking at the map to see if a spot for an early battle opens up.

Rubicite

CW Update: 14 Feb 2020

Post by Rubicite » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:34 am

Last night was the first night of this campaign (13 Feb 2020) and we went 3 - 6 for the night (33% win rate).

As a clan, we entered the Alley of Fame ranked #78 but this number will fluctuate throughout the day as other clans spend their Clan Fame Points. 14 clan members entered the Alley of Fame, headlined by Desert_Fox_1969. The minimum requirement to start in the Alley of Fame is 5 CW battles in this campaign (9 others have 4 CW battles and should enter the Alley of Fame soon).

Alley of Fame: https://worldoftanks.com/en/clanwars/rating/alley/

The significance of the Alley of Fame for people is that your individual position in the Alley of Fame determines whether you can obtain a reward tank for 4000 bonds or you have to bid in the auction.

In the last campaign, about 20 - 25 members received a Tier 10 tank through the auction. Last time, the top 2200 in the Alley of Fame were able to buy a reward tank with 4000 bonds and the auction was for 450 tanks.

In this campaign, the number of tanks available for the top players is 3150 (instead of 2200) and 600 in the auction (instead of 450).

Our ELO decreased to 796 (-5 from yesterday).

We had a total of 35 members (out of 100) participate in Clan Wars last night.
- Desert_Fox_1969: 7 battles
- SilentHunter58: 6
- Hemmii: 6

We used two callers last night with Resultantdoor6 debuting as a caller in our Clan Wars (he was 2 - 3 for a 40% win rate).

Commentary:
We're still finding nuances in the new appearance in the Global Map. While it looks much like before, the specific information that we use for Clan Wars is found in slightly different places. Starting at 7:15pm EST, we have CW battles scheduled and should get in more battles than last night. Battles in the early time periods are filling up quickly and we have to drop the night prior or else we won't get a spot (even with 32 clans fighting for the same province).

Two new mechanics were introduced with this Clan Wars campaign:
- CW equipment, which can only be used for one battle (like food) with no resupply. Everyone was given the same CW equipment at the start of this campaign.
- Scrap resources which are awarded after every battle. Winning the battle gives higher quality scraps than losing the battle. These scraps are used to assemble modules for a rare Tier 7 or Tier 8 tank. After assembling sufficient modules, you can complete the tank. Each of the three Tier 8 tanks will take 16 days to assemble, while the Tier 7 will take 12 days. We have until 13 March to assemble the tank.

Desert_Fox_1969

Re: Update: Age of Industrialization

Post by Desert_Fox_1969 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:19 am

Rubicite........got any strategy on the assembly part? I am thinking about going after the IS-5.

skip2a

Post by skip2a » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:52 am

I'm with Fox: any strategy on doing the assembly the right way?

I didn't get in any battles the first night so I am already behind on the raw materials and I don't want to make a mistake and waste what little I have.

If I choose a tank and can't get enough materials for it can I move those materials to another tank? I'm just not sure where to start with this.

Also our points that we earn (Prestige I think they are); I am not sure what to do with them. I see the rewards but I don't want to piss them away if there is something better that I am not seeing or I don't understand?

See ya,

Skip

testarossa_2015

Post by testarossa_2015 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:05 am

Guys, I put together a spreadsheet last night to give me kinda overall feel of what it will take to build any tank. Hopefully I didnt make a mistake. I'll review to make sure. Whats the best way to post a spreadsheet?

Short hand way:
a) Basic materials needed: Ferrous metal, nonferrous metal, spare parts, scrap
b) Components needed depending on tank: Suspension components, engine components, gun components, armor components, tooling, fasteners
c) Every component needs a certain number of basic materials
d) I calculated total basic matls for each tank listed in this order: Ferrous metal, Nonferrous metal, Spare parts, Scrap

T23E3: 105, 102, 122, 143
KV-4 Kresl: 581, 273, 247, 405
Chieftain/T95: 559, 274, 240, 598
IS-5: 482, 298, 373, 166

For example after 11 battles, winning 5 battles, I have
Ferrous metal: 42
Nonferrous metal: 21
Spare parts: 27
Scrap: 54

It looks like the limiting basic matls will be non ferrous matls and spare parts. You can always make scrap by breaking down other components. Wins give you more of the precious matls like nonferrous metals. If I extrapolate my performance I will need about 50 battles to build the T23

Rubicite

CW Update: 15 Feb 2020

Post by Rubicite » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:33 pm

Last night we went 5 - 8 (38.5%) and we are 8 - 14 for the campaign (36.4% win rate).

As a clan, we are ranked #81 in the Alley of Fame ranked (this number often fluctuates throughout the day as other clans spend their Clan Fame Points).

34 clan members are in the Alley of Fame, headlined by Desert_Fox_1969, who is ranked #1370. Currently, a total of 10 members are ranked in the top 3150.

Alley of Fame: https://worldoftanks.com/en/clanwars/rating/alley/

Reminder: the significance of the Alley of Fame for people is that your individual position in the Alley of Fame determines whether you can obtain a reward tank for 4000 bonds or you have to bid in the auction. For this campaign, there are 3150 tanks for the top 3150 ranked players and an additional 600 tanks available in the auction. Both numbers are increased from the last campaign.

Our ELO decreased to 791 (-5 from yesterday).

Participation:
To date, we've had 46 members (out of 100) participate in Clan Wars.
- Desert_Fox_1969: 16 battles
- Hemmii: 15
- SilentHunter58: 13

Please keep in mind the more you play, the better your chances of getting a new tank.

Commentary:
We are limited in the number of early battles that we can schedule. The reason is, first, the limited number of landing provinces that are available. Landing provinces are those provinces where up to 32 clans will fight each other (in a single elimination tournament) for the right to battle the province owner. Second, *only* 32 clans can enter the tournament for a landing province. With only four landing provinces in the first time period and another four in the second time period, that's a maximum of 128 clans that can enter landing tournaments in the first two time periods. There are many more clans than 128 who are trying to get free tanks.

Regarding any strategies for building a new tank, I haven't found any published strategies yet so this is what I'm doing:
1. I'm building modules that are common across all four tanks. For me, that means fasteners. I'm building them until I get 10. Building fasteners takes four hours each so you don't want to wait until the last minute. Note: you have until 12 March to complete your tank (I thought it was the 13th until I re-read the rules).
2. Once I've built the maximum number of common modules, I'll inventory my resources to see where I stand. This will be different for each of us because we will have participated in a different number of battles with different wins/losses. After I look at my resources, based on my history (which you can find in your battle log), I will estimate what I think I will receive by the end of the campaign. Using that information, I will see what unique modules I can afford to build, based on my prioritized tank list.

Because part of my strategy is based on guesswork, I may be scrambling in the last few days to get the parts that I need.

Rubicite

16 Feb CW Update

Post by Rubicite » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:35 am

Last night was our worst night of the campaign. We went 4 - 9 (30.1%) and we are now 12 - 23 for the campaign (34.3% win rate).

As a clan, we are now ranked #69 (+12 from yesterday) in the Alley of Fame. The clan ranking has no effect on Personal Fame Points, although the clan ranking impacts the number of bonds that we will receive.

41 clan members are in the Alley of Fame (+8), headlined by Desert_Fox_1969, who is ranked #1810. Currently, a total of 8 members are ranked in the top 3150.

Check your standing in the Alley of Fame: https://worldoftanks.com/en/clanwars/rating/alley/

Reminder: the significance of the Alley of Fame for people is that your individual position in the Alley of Fame determines whether you can obtain a reward tank for 4000 bonds or you have to bid in the auction. For this campaign, there are 3150 tanks for the top 3150 ranked players and an additional 600 tanks available in the auction. Both numbers are increased from the last campaign.

Our ELO decreased to 780 (-11 from yesterday).

Participation:
Out of 88 active members, we've had 52 participate in Clan Wars (59.1%).
- Desert_Fox_1969: 23 battles
- Hemmii: 23
- SilentHunter58: 20

Please keep in mind the more you play, the better your chances of getting a new tank.

Callers (with at least 5 battles called):
Resultant: 38.5% win rate
Ghost: 31.6% win rate

Commentary:
Let's say we were able to take control of a province. Why don't we want to keep it?

First, let's assume that it's one of the landing provinces and one of the earliest time periods, a 7pm EST battle time.

Second, owing a province prevents clans from dropping on any landing province. That alone restricts our ability to attack across the Global Map.

Third, with 32 clans vying in a single elimination tournament, we would have to wait a long time to fight a challenger. How long? 32 clans fight at 7pm and are down to 16 for the 7:30pm battles (let's also assume no tie). 16 fight at 7:30pm and are down to 8 clans for 8pm. 8 clans fight at 8pm and are down to 4 at 8:30pm, down to 2 at 9pm, and we fight the winner of that one at 9:30pm. By owning the province, we have to wait 2.5 hours to defend our land.

However, that doesn't have to mean that province owners fight one battle per night (per province) because province owners can attack adjacent provinces, as long as they are not landing provinces. On the other hand, that only happens in a limited sense. Additionally, province ownership bestows certain benefits, usually gold. In this campaign, the benefits to owning a province are things such as an extra bonus to Clan Fame Points or an extra drop into the Advanced Front.

When crafting your new tank, only two of the modules are common across each of the four tanks: fasteners and tooling. The other modules (gun, engine, armor, and suspension) are only intended for specific tanks. However, each tank has different requirements ... the T23E3 requires 10 fasteners while the IS-5 requires 40 fasteners.

While we are still early in the campaign, you should probably focus your overnight build queues on fasteners and tooling. Once you figure out what tank to go for, you can then start building guns, engines, armor and/or suspension.

Rubicite

17 Feb 2020 CW Update

Post by Rubicite » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:32 pm

We took a beating and last night (Sunday, 16 Feb), we went 2 - 7 - 1 (20%) and for the campaign, we are now 14 - 30 - 1 (31.1%).

As a clan, we are currently unranked (explanation below).

43 clan members are in the Alley of Fame (+2), still headed by Desert_Fox_1969, who is ranked #2708. Currently, 4 clan members are ranked in the top 3150.

Check your standing in the Alley of Fame: https://worldoftanks.com/en/clanwars/rating/alley/

Our ELO decreased to 756 (-24 from yesterday).

Participation:
Out of 86 active members, we've had 56 participate in Clan Wars.
- Hemmii: 27 battles
- Desert_Fox_1969: 26

Commentary:
Typically in each Clan Wars campaign, there is a mechanic in which clans can exchange their Clan Fame Points for Research Points at a 50% bonus, but only if a clan has played the previous four days and not converted any Clan Fame Points.

That's what we did today. We converted all of the Clan Fame Points to 2558 Research Points at a cost of 1703 Clan Fame Points. Before tonight's battles, we will probably use the Research Points so that we get a total of a 50% bonus to Clan Fame Points after a battle and 2% or 3% bonus to Clan Fame Points for beating someone higher than us. Our math said that if we continue at the rate we've been going the past four nights, we'll be slightly ahead. However, if we break out of our slump and do better than the average of the last four nights, we'll be significantly ahead.

Rubicite

18 Feb CW Update

Post by Rubicite » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:19 pm

Last night (17 Feb), we went 5 - 11 (31.25%) and for the campaign, we are now 19 - 41 - 1 (31.1%).

As a clan, we are currently ranked #106.

51 clan members are in the Alley of Fame, with zero ranked in the top 3150.

Our ELO decreased to 741 (-15 from yesterday).

Participation:
Out of 85 active members, we've had 58 participate in Clan Wars.
- Hemmii: 35 battles
- Ghost: 33
- SilentHunter: 33

Commentary:
Yesterday, we converted our Clan Fame Points to Research Points and invested the Research Points so that we now have a 55% bonus to Clan Fame Points in battles as well as a 2% bonus for beating someone ranked above us.

Rubicite

19 Feb CW Update

Post by Rubicite » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:42 pm

This campaign is supposed to end this coming Sunday night (5 nights left).

Last night (Tuesday, 18 Feb 20), we went 5 - 7 - 2 (35.7%). One of the losses was a "low effort" battle and one of the wins was supposed to be a low effort battle. For the campaign, we are now 24 - 48 - 3 (32%).

As a clan, we are currently ranked #83.

53 clan members are in the Alley of Fame, with zero ranked in the top 3150.

You can always check your individual standing in the Alley of Fame: https://worldoftanks.com/en/clanwars/rating/alley/

Our ELO decreased to 747 (+6 from yesterday).

Participation:
Out of 85 active members, we've had 59 participate in Clan Wars (69.4%).
- Ghost: 43 battles
- Greywolf: 30
- Hemmii: 39

Commentary:
This can certainly change, but right now, if we keep on track, our clan ranking will give us a x2 bond multiplier. This is what that means: for me, I'm ranked #5266, which would give me 250 bonds if this ended today. IF the clan keeps a x2 multiplier, I would actually receive 500 bonds after the campaign (250 x 2 = 500).

If you are in the Alley of Fame, you can bid on a tank during the bond auction, which typically starts a few days after the campaign. In the last campaign, the lowest successful that I heard about was about 14,800 bonds. For me personally, I bid 15,300 and was able to win a tank. Keep in mind that whatever you bid, if you lose the auction, you will be refunded all of those bonds.

As mentioned above, one of last night's wins was supposed to be a low effort battle. The reason for that was that a win would give us two battles at the exact same time. The sign-up sheet only had 23 people signed-up, so we thought we would only be able to field one team and be forced to take a penalty on the other battle. (You need a minimum of 12 people to field a team.)

However, when those two battles popped at the same time, we fielded a full 15-man team and were able to find another 12 people to avoid the penalty. That means that we had 27 people available rather than 23.

This is an example of why it is important to fill out the sign-up sheet or edit your intentions as they change. If the sign-up sheet had indicated 27 people were available, we would not have indicated a low effort battle.